The City of Perth is encouraging eligible residents, property owners and businesses to enrol to vote and have their say in the upcoming Council election, taking place on Saturday 16 October 2021.
The 2021 election will see the positions of four councillors on four-year terms become available on Council. These terms will expire 18 October 2025.
City of Perth voters have the unique opportunity to decide the capital city Council on behalf of all Western Australians. It is a privilege that is afforded to less than one per cent of the State’s population.
You can view more information about your eligibility to vote or run for Council via the City of Perth website perth.wa.gov.au/election.
Alternatively, you can check whether you are entitled and/or enrolled to vote by visiting the Western Australian Electoral Commission website elections.wa.gov.au.
- Friday 27 August 2021, 5pm: Close of applications to enrol to vote
- Thursday 2 September 2021: Nominations to stand for Council open
- Thursday 9 September 2021: Nominations to stand for Council close
- Late September 2021: Ballot papers will start to be posted to electors
- Saturday 16 October 2021: Election day and announcement of results
Issued by: Hannah Marcuson, Media and Public Affairs Advisor, Hannah.email@example.com, 0417 228 103
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please telephone the media line on (08) 9461 3425.Make an Enquiry