City of Perth Budget 2022/23
The City of Perth Council adopted the City’s budget for 2022/23 on 12 July, 2022.
The $261.9 million budget is a responsible plan for a growing capital city.
The budget will deliver $47.8 million of capital works projects including –
- road, path and kerb upgrades ($6.6 million)
- street light improvements in Hay Street West, Park Avenue, Crawley, Northbridge and Royal Street ($5.7 million)
- transport projects such as upgrading cycleways and encouraging more pedestrian movement to improve transport management in the CBD ($7.3 million)
- final stages of the Roe Street upgrade ($5.6 million)
The budget includes $159.4 million to provide key services such as –
- waste management and cleaning ($17.2 million)
- maintaining our parks, gardens and green spaces ($12.8 million)
- public health including food premise inspections and compliance ($4.6 million)
- community amenity and safety including city surveillance ($7.7 million)
- providing a world-class events calendar to ensure Perth remains WA’s events capital ($10 million)
- sponsorships for community festivals, arts and culture and grants for businesses ($8.3 million)