City of Perth Budget 2023/24
The City of Perth Council adopted the City’s budget for 2023/24 on 17 July, 2023.
In delivering the lowest rate rise across the Perth metropolitan area, the $297.8 million Budget focuses on key services to keep our streets safe, clean and green, while funding $58.07 million in capital works for a liveable, sustainable and prosperous capital city of the future.
The result of this Budget will be a legacy of community infrastructure and social capital for the benefit and enjoyment of our community.
The Budget’s expenditure on core services, programs and operations includes:
- $35.0 million to maintain roads, paths, lighting and City facilities and other infrastructure
- $17.7 million for rubbish collection, street cleaning and recycling
- $13.4 million to maintain parks and gardens, including street trees and reticulation
- $11.6 million to attract more people to the City through events, marketing and other activations
- $8.4 million for sponsorships and grants to support local businesses and initiatives
- $7.7 million for City future master planning and economic development
The Budget’s capital expenditure includes:
- $17.8 million for the development of an aquatic facility at the WACA ground and redevelopment of Perth Concert Hall under the Perth City Deal
- $15.7 million for building renewals, including Langley Park changeroom and Perth Library façade works
- $7.9 million for CBD transport projects, including new cycleways and improved pedestrian access
- $4.5 million to upgrade street lighting at Wellington Square, Adelaide Tce, Crawley and East Perth