A capital city lifestyle like no other.
From the magnificent Swan River on your doorstep, to unique cultural experiences, unique retail offerings and fantastic cafes, Perth has something for everyone. It’s no wonder we’re consistently recognised as one of the most liveable cities in the world.
More people are embracing City living.
More than 30,000 people call the City of Perth home, and we want to see that grow to 55,000 by 2036 and 90,000 by 2050. We’ve released a number of initiatives that will see the City lead the way in putting Perth first with developers, investors and buyers.
And we’re making it easier to be part of our vibrant community.
Why the heart of the City?
There's so much on offer including:
- Unique and diverse food, dining and shopping experiences
- Beautiful parks and recreational areas such as Kings Park and Wellington Square.
- The Swan River foreshore
- Exceptional and unique artistic and cultural events that you can only see in the City.
- Optus Stadium is right on our doorstep
And there’s more on the way:
Exciting projects on the horizon include:
- ECU and WAAPA City Campus
- New primary school in East Perth
- Approved supermarket developments
- Public swimming pool as part of the WACA redevelopment
- Perth City Link redevelopment
- Causeway Pedestrian and cycling bridge
We’re dedicated to making the City of Perth better for years to come
Everything we do in the City of Perth is connected to the community.