Chief Executive Officer Performance Review Committee
- Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas
- Cr Clyde Bevan
- Cr Rebecca Gordon
- Cr Brent Fleeton
- Cr Viktor Ko
Terms of reference: [Adopted OCM 26/10/21]
In line with the Local Government Act 1995 (the Act), and the City of Perth Standards for Chief Executive Officer Recruitment, Performance and Termination (the Standards), the purpose of the Chief Executive Officer Performance Review Committee (the Committee) is to:
- Undertake the review of the Chief Executive Officers (CEO) Performance in accordance with Regulation 17 of Schedule 2, Division 3 of the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996, the Standards and the contract of employment of the CEO.
- Establish any additional performance criteria, with agreement from the CEO, in line with Regulation 16 of Schedule 2, Division 3 of the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996.
- Undertake duties as required by the Council relating to the role of CEO.
Roles and Functions
The role of the Committee is to:
- Assist the Council in the engagement and oversight of a consultant to assist the committee and Council in conducting the CEO performance review in line with the process adopted by Council.
- Conduct with the CEO, elected members and the consultant, the performance review process and provide a recommendation to Council on the result of the performance review.
- Establish any additional performance criteria, with the agreement of CEO, for recommendation to Council arising from the performance review process.
- Make any other relevant recommendations relating to the CEO’s employment.
- This Committee has no delegated authority and no authority to implement its recommendations without resolution of Council.
- The Committee is a formally appointed committee of Council and is responsible to that body. The Committee does not have executive powers or authority to implement actions in areas over which the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has legislative responsibility.
- The Committee shall be comprised of three elected members which should include the Lord Mayor. There shall be two deputy members.
- The City will ensure appropriate support is provided to the Committee.
- Appointments to the Committee will be until the next ordinary local government election day.
The quorum for a committee meeting is set by section 5.19 of the Act.
- The Committee must elect a presiding member and deputy presiding member in accordance with section 5.12 and Schedule 2.3 of the Act.
- A schedule of meetings will be developed and agreed to by the Committee that align with the adopted CEO performance review process being completed by 30 June each year.
- The Committee shall report to Council by way of its minutes and any recommendations it may make.