Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund
The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund (LMDRF) is Western Australia’s official State emergency fund.
Financial assistance from the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund supplements insurance cover, and people requesting relief funding should first claim from their insurance company and establish how much of the loss or damage incurred will be covered.
Tropical Cyclone Seroja 2021
Wooroloo and Hills Bushfire Appeal (Closed)
Donation updateThe LMDRF Wooroloo and Hills Bushfire Appeal has closed today (31 March 2021). However, fundraisers will continue to be carried out up until 30 June. Thank you all for your generosity over the past few months.
Tally of funds raised to date:
More than $16.2 million as at 1 April 2021.
We’d like to formally acknowledge Corporate Australia, with many organisations digging deep including:
- BHP for $2 million
- Rio Tinto for $2 million
- Chevron for $1.2 million, plus employee dollar matching
- South32 for $250,000, plus employee dollar matching
- Woodside for $50,000, plus employee dollar matching
- Coles Australia for $100,000, plus $331,260 in state-wide in-store fundraising campaign at more than 300 Coles Group stores
- Argonaut for $113,000 from their brokerage Bushfire Relief Day
Apply for Assistance
Assistance is available to residents of the Shire of Mundaring and City of Swan who suffered personal hardship due to the loss or damage to their primary residence, property, furniture or personal effects as a result of the Wooroloo and Hills Bushfire. Find out more here.