Leafy streetscapes, heritage buildings and neighbouring Kings Park are the backbone of West Perth’s character and charm, brings together all the benefits of inner-city living in an established village setting. A neighbourhood on the cusp of change as a vibrant, intergenerational place for new residents and workers.
What we’ve heard:
- Enhance Hay Street town centre with feature lighting; strengthen connections to Kings Park.
- Activate commercial vacancies and encourage development of a weekend and evening economy.
- More arts and cultural activities.
- Community safety and support.
- Improving public transport connection and frequency; parking management for residents and visitors.
- Continue to work with neighbourhood groups, residents and stakeholders to support activation, events and business vitality.
Neighbourhood Commitments 2022/23
Lighting up Hay Street (Liveable)
The “Light it Up” public art program will focus on Hay Street precinct. It will feature a dynamic, engaging lighting installation that beautifies the surrounding area and builds on the neighbourhood’s character, making it feel safe and welcoming.
Making West Perth Lighter and Brighter (Liveable)
Lighting upgrades will be delivered along Kings Park Road from Thomas Street to Harvest Terrace that will significantly enhance existing amenity. New lighting on Hay Street between Outram and Colin Street will be installed.
LED light replacements will enhance Bellevue Terrace, Cliff Street and Mount Street West.
Kings Park Shared Park
New Shared Path for cyclists and pedestrians with associated lighting and CCTV to enhance safety and connectivity.