East Perth has it all - the Swan River on its door step; a bustling local centre, shops and community services; and a beautiful mix of parks and sporting opportunities which suit any active person’s lifestyle. East Perth offers diverse housing options for its current and future community.
What we’ve heard:
- Creating a neighbourhood entry statement and lighting up key landmarks such as the Adelaide Terrace pedestrian bridge.
- Extending city events and celebrations to East Perth.
- Improving safety and security, particularly at night.
- Improving connections to the Swan River as well as community and recreation amenities.
- Improving streetscapes and management of resident / visitor parking.
- Continue to work with neighbourhood groups, residents and stakeholders to support activation, events and business vitality.
Neighbourhood Commitments 2022/23
Making East Perth Lighter and Brighter (Liveable)
New and upgraded lighting will enhance night time amenity, safety and activation across the neighbourhood.
New lights and banners will be installed on Adelaide Terrace from Bennett Street to the Causeway, with upgrades delivered on Braithwaite, Hale and Hay
Streets as well as East Perth foreshore. Design for new lighting at Queens Gardens will also be progressed to further enhance this neighbourhood icon.
Stage 3 of the lighting upgrade on Royal Street will be implemented between Bennett Street and Trafalgar Roads.
Queens Gardens Heritage Management Plan (Liveable & Sustainable)
Rejuvenating and enhancing our Swan River foreshore (Liveable & Sustainable)