A vibrant residential neighbourhood, with unique architecture optimising its river setting. Claisebrook Cove draws in the Swan River, with cafes and the nearby Royal Street activity centre providing residents and visitors with a range of retail and entertainment. Sought-after community, educational and open space facilities meet growing, diverse community needs.
What we’ve heard:
- Brightening up the neighbourhood with feature lighting, making key public places and connections feel safe and comfortable for locals and visitors. Key areas include Victoria Gardens to Matagarup Bridge and Windan Bridge.
- Improving presentation of streetscapes, public paths and laneways and refreshing public art.
- A focus on improving Claisebrook Cove Jetty, infrastructure and water quality.
- Continue to work with neighbourhood groups, residents and stakeholders to support activation, events and business vitality.
Neighbourhood Highlights 2021/22
Wellington Square Place Activation Plan
Following completion of Wellington Square Playground/ Koolangka Koolangka Waabiny, a Place Activation Plan will identify opportunities to connect Claisebrook and East Perth neighbourhoods with this award-winning community attraction, through partnerships, special events and programs that appeal to all users and reflect its unique identity.
- Completion of the purpose-built events space
- Opening of a permanent trading kiosk
- Waiver of reserve hire fees for community groups, charities and not-for-profits holding community events in Wellington Square, until 30 April 2022
- Completion of a public artwork acknowledging the Stolen Generations in the north-west corner of Wellington Square, by artist Sandra Hill, an Elder and custodian of the Wadandi (salt water) people of the South West of WA.
Hoops and Jams at Wellington Square
Located at Perth’s newest and brightest basketball courts, Hoops and Jams is a 6-week clinic that will be held on Friday evenings in October-mid-November 2021, engaging high-risk young people and supporting them to learn and develop basketball skills.