Mall access, deliveries and loading docks
To prevent unauthorised vehicles from entering either the Hay St or Murray Street Malls to ensure public safety particularly during peak pedestrian traffic times. All applications require 48 hours (2 working days) to notice.
An online application form must be completed at least two (2) working days prior to entry date. The City of Perth will review the application and respond via email with authorisation if the terms and conditions have been met.
Mall access times for vehicles parking in the mall
Vehicles that are required to park in the mall for maintenance, shop-fit etc; can only do so during the followings times:-
|MONDAY - THURSDAY||19:30 - 06:00|
|FRIDAY||23:00 - 06:00|
|SATURDAY||18:00 - 07:00|
|SUNDAY||18:00 - 09:00|
Mall Access times during the Christmas extended trading hours
UNTIL 31st DECEMBER,
|22:00 - 06:00|
|SATURDAY, SUNDAY||18:00 - 07:00|
- Authorisation must be granted prior to entry
- An online application can be obtained from the City of Perth website
- No more than three (3) vehicles per company are allowed to park in either mall at any given time
- Deliveries must utilise the loading docks (see below) except those with their own loading docks ie: David Jones, Carillon, Target
- Companies with private registered parking can access the mall at any time except during non-vehicle movement times
To access the mall, vehicles must enter via the bollards using the intercom to speak directly with City Watch. Ifthe vehicle has been registered and approved for entry, City Watch will lower the bollards and allow access.
Access to private properties in City Malls must be requested by the owner of the property, or their agent/s. If the owner gives consent for access to their property, an online Mall Access Application Form will need to be completed, and the details registered by the City of Perth Communications Office. Parking on private property will only be approved if the bays are licensed. If the owner refuses access to their property enquiries should be made to the City of Perth Communications Office to make alternative arrangements.
WHERE TO ACCESS TO HAY AND MURRAY STREET MALLS
Delivery access to Murray Street Mall is to be made from Forrest Place loading dock. Delivery access to Hay Street Mall is to be made from the ENEX100 loading dock.
- Entrance from William St
- One Way Only
- Height restriction of 3.8m
- Entrance from Barrack St
- One Way Only
Private Parking off Mall
Properties with their own loading docks, private parking or lanes can access the mall at any time except during no vehicle movement times (see below).
Under no circumstances are vehicles to stop or park in the malls from 0600 to 1930 (2300 on Fridays).
Parking on private property will only be approved if the bays are licensed and requests have been approved by the owner/agent.
The owner/agent must complete an online application form, once granted the vehicle registration/s will be recorded on the City of Perth database.
There are two loading docks for deliveries into the malls:
FORREST PLACE CAR PARK 20
- Best for deliveries to Murray Street Mall
- Access off Wellington Street
- West Bound before footbridge
- 3.6 m height clearance
ENEX 100 LOADING DOCK
- Best for deliveries to Hay Street Mall
- Access off 100 St Georges Tce
- East bound
- 4.2 m height clearance
- Private Dock – for access phone 9476 7676
Loading Docks - Access Times
|MONDAY - THURSDAY||06:00 - 18:00|
|FRIDAY||06:00 - 21:00|
|SATURDAY||07:00 - 17:30|
|SUNDAY||11:00 - 18:00|
Loading Zone - Parking Local Law
- Code 10036 clause 2.8(1)(a) A person must not stop or park a vehicle in a loading zone unless the vehicle is a commercial vehicle or an authorised vehicle; and
- Code 10037 clause 2.8(1)(b) a person is continuously engaged in loading or unloading goods to or from that vehicle
- Code 10038 clause 2.8(2) A person must not stop or park a commercial or authorised vehicle in a loading zone for longer than the time indicated on the loading zone sign, or if no time is indicated on the sign for longer than 30 minutes, unless authorised by an authorised person.
No Vehicle Movement Times
There is strictly no vehicular movement through the malls between the following times:
|MONDAY - THURSDAY||1200 - 1400 & 1700 - 1800|
|FRIDAY||1200 - 1400 & 1700 - 2300|
|SATURDAY||0900 - 1800|
|SUNDAY||1100 - 1700|
City of Perth Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law 2017
- Code 1088 2.2(1)(c) Causing an obstruction on a thoroughfare - $250.00
Local Government Property Local Law 2005
Without a permit:
- Code 4002 29 (1) (f) (i) Drive or ride any vehicle on to local government property - $500.00
- Code 4002 29 (1) (f) (ii) Park or stop any vehicle on local government property - $500.00