Grants and Sponsorship
The City of Perth is bouncing back with our 2022/23 Grants and Sponsorship program which will offer millions in support for unique initiatives that will revitalise our city and let it shine.
The City is committed to supporting a wide range of activities, projects and programs that benefit our local community and contribute to our aspiration for Perth – Liveable, Sustainable and Prosperous.
Programs Currently Open
Arts and Culture Sponsorship
Support for projects that represent a broad range of high-quality arts activity and creative cultural practice which assist the City in achieving its broader strategic aims. Arts sponsorship is accessible to a wide range of organisations that identify the arts as their primary purpose, feature a public outcome, and provide opportunities for creative participation in the public domain.
The City will offer one annual round for Arts and Culture Sponsorship.
Annual Round (for activities between 1 October 2022 – 30 December 2023)
- Applications open: 2 May 2022
- Applications deadline: 30 May 2022, 4PM (AWST)
- Notification of decision: After31 August 2022
Business Improvement Grants
The City of Perth recognises that businesses and business activity contribute to the vibrancy and energy of the city. Business Improvement Grants aim to provide businesses with the ability to generate new ideas and turn those ideas into profitable business ventures which is critical to drive Perth’s COVID-19 rebound, competitive advantage and economic growth.
In 2022/23, the Business Improvement Grant program will prioritise projects that are external facing and/or activate underutilised spaces.
The City provides one opportunity to apply for Business Improvement Grants each financial year. Approved projects must be completed, acquitted, and claimed before 30 June 2023.
ROUND 1 (for activities between 31 August 2022 – 30 June 2023
- Applications open 1 April 2022
- Application deadline 30 May 2022, 4pm (AWST)
- Notification of decision After 31 August 2022
Major Events & Festivals Sponsorship
Support for large-scale events of national and/or international significance. Applications via expression of interest.
- Applications open: Now open
- Applications must be submitted at least six months prior to the commencement of the activity
Local Activation Grants
Up to $15,000 in funding to support for events, arts and culture activity that has a public outcome, and local businesses that activate the city with vibrant activity.
- Applications open: Now open
- This grant program operates as exhaustive funding and the City reserves the right to close the program once the available budget has been expended
- Apply at least 8 weeks prior to the start of your project
- Public outcome must be provided before 30 June 2023
Programs Coming Soon
The City to provide funding to facilitate events that activate the city with vibrant activity that attracts people into Perth. The program supports events that have widespread appeal, champion sustainability considerations, drive visitation into the city and support local business to stimulate economic growth.
ROUND 1 (for activities between 1 September 2022 to 30 June 2023)
- Applications closed
ROUND 2 (for activities between 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023)
- Applications open 1 August 2022
- Application deadline 23 August 2022, 4pm (AWST)
- Notification of decision 23 November 2022
Heritage Adaptive Reuse GrantsThe City to fund projects that assist the revitalisation of heritage-protected commercial and retail buildings.
The primary objectives of the Heritage Adaptive Reuse Grants program are to support, assist and encourage property owners to activate the vacant upper floors, basements and other underutilised spaces of heritage buildings in the central business district.
The City will accept applications for Heritage Adaptive Reuse Grants at any time, however decisions are made on a case-by-case basis in line with budget and strategic priorities. This sponsorship operates as exhaustive funding and the City reserves that right to close the program once the available budget has been expended.
Community Insurance Grants
Through Community Insurance Program the City supports the local community groups in the affordability of insurance, providing financial protection and peace of mind for members, volunteers and participants.
- The City will accept applications for the Community Insurance Program until 30 June 2023.
Venue Support Grants
The Venue Support Grant program offers support to community and non-for profit organisations wishing to utilise City managed venues, malls, parks, gardens, public places and thoroughfares.
The City offers two categories of Venue Support Grants:
- Parks, Public Places and Thoroughfares; and
- Community Venues
- Apply at least 8 weeks prior to the use of the reserve or venue
- The 2022/23 program will support activities occurring up until the 30 August 2023
Economic Development Sponsorship
Support for city business and industry sectors that promote Perth for commerce and investment, provide economic growth and key sector development, and position Perth as an economically sustainable city.
- Applications open: 1 June
- This sponsorship program operates as exhaustive funding and the City reserves the right to close the program once the available budget has been expended
- Allow up to 8 weeks (Tier 1) and up to 3 months (Tier 2 and Tier 3), to be notified of a decision under this sponsorship program
Lobbying of Elected Members and Administrative Staff
Applicants must not lobby, or seek to influence the decision-making of Elected Members and administrative staff. If, during the period between submitting a funding application and a determination by Council, an applicant seeks to lobby any Elected Member or administrative staff, or attempts to provide additional information, either directly or indirectly, on any matter relating to the funding application, the person/organisation will be disqualified and the sponsorship excluded from being considered for approval.
How to Apply
Applications for grants and sponsorships must be submitted through the City’s approved online management portal, SmartyGrants. All applicants are encouraged to speak to a City Sponsorship Officer prior to starting an application to ensure program suitability.
If you need more help using the application form, you can also download the Help Guide for Applicants.
The City’s Sponsorship Team are available to help you determine the right program and provide tips for a successful application. Contact the Sponsorship Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (08) 9461 3333.
How do I keep up-to-date on the programs?
Register below to keep informed about the opening dates of new programs.