People and culture
The residential population almost doubled in the last ten years to reach 24,244 people and is estimated to reach 39,500 people by 2036.
Perth City residents come from 68 different ethnic backgrounds
Perth City workers come from 196 different ethnic backgrounds
The residential population has almost doubled in the last ten years to reach 24,244 people and is estimated to reach 39,500 people by 2036.
- Perth City’s cultural heritage is preserved through 467 heritage places and three heritage precincts and 151 places on the State Heritage List.
- 18 per cent of Perth’s population are students.
- There are 20 sports clubs in Perth city.
- Of the 24,244 people that live in Perth city, each night 300-780 are homeless, either sleeping rough, couch surfing or in boarding houses
- 55 per cent of residents are aged 20 to 39 years.