Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

City of Perth Venue Hire

Wedding space hire

The city offers wonderful options for ceremony, reception and wedding photography locations. We know it takes time to find your perfect space and weigh up your options. You can find details about the processes involved and things to consider below.

  • Queens Gardens

    Wedding space hire

    The city offers wonderful options for ceremony, reception and wedding photography locations. We know it takes time to find your perfect space and weigh up your options. You can find details about the processes involved and things to consider on our Weddings in the City page.

    The City of Perth has six beautiful gardens and reserves designated as an ideal location for a wedding ceremony — Harold Boas, Queens Gardens, Council House Gardens, Stirling Gardens, John Oldham Park and Point Fraser Reserve. Other parks and reserves may be used as a wedding ceremony subject to approval, however any major events or public works take priority over wedding ceremonies at these locations. 

    Please make booking enquiries for wedding parks and gardens here

Facilities hire

The City has facilities to suit all occasions, from small meetings through to large events and parties. You can book spaces at Perth Town Hall, City of Perth Library and Northbridge Piazza. 

  • Perth Town Hall clock

    Perth Town Hall

    The award-winning Perth Town Hall is a beautifully restored heritage hall in the Victorian Gothic style. It’s a little known gem in the heart of the CBD. A unique venue for your wedding reception or ceremony, client night, show, or gala function.

    Perth Town Hall hire details

  • City of Perth Library meeting rooms

    The Library has a variety of modern and private meeting rooms for four to 12 people, which are able to be booked by the hour at competitive rates. All meeting rooms are located on Level 2 of the Library.

    City of Perth Library meeting room hire details

  • City of Perth Library at night

    City of Perth Library function spaces

    The City of Perth Library Auditorium is a flexible space suitable for functions of up to 90 people (seated), which can be booked on a day-to-day or weekly basis.

    City of Perth Library function space hire details

Parks and gardens hire

To book one of the City's parks, you need to complete an event application form and carefully select a space that suits your requirements. You can compare parks and gardens before starting an application, and view specific booking details below.

  • Totterdell Park

    Parks, gardens and reserves

    There are 10 larger parklands and reserves and several smaller gardens within the city. Available facilities vary between locations. Many have public toilets, rotundas and seating for you to use.

    Parks and gardens hire details

Public open space hire

Organisations can book spaces in the City's malls for promotional activities and special events. The larger stage areas at Forrest Chase and Northbridge Piazza are also available to hire.

  • Murray Street Mall

    Events and activities in the city malls

    There are a number of event spaces available for short term hire throughout Hay Street Mall, Murray Street Mall and around the Station Concourse. These spaces are ideal for performers, small exhibitions, celebrity/guest appearances, brand activations, media launches, stalls, displays and competitions.

    Mall hire details

Banner bookings


  • People walking through Murray Street Mall

    Banner bookings

    Organisations can hire banner sites and flag poles around the city. Locations on offer include St Georges Terrace, Adelaide Terrace, the malls, Wellington St, Hampden Road, Kings Park Road and around Northbridge. Sites can be booked in week blocks and charged at a weekly or two-weekly rate. Specifications, fees and details can be found below

    Banner and flag booking details

Frequently asked questions

  • Welcome to Country and Acknowledgement of Traditional Ownership
    The City encourages stakeholders amongst the community to carry out Welcome to Country or Acknowledgement of Country protocols wherever possible and appropriate.
  • Event advertising posters on street poles etc
    All event advertising needs to be approved by the City of Perth, unless posted on private property with the owner’s permission. When applying for your event please outline any specific advertising requirements.  
  • Can I use City of Perth in advertising my event?
    No, you cannot use City of Perth collateral in any of your marketing material.
  • Advertising on City of Perth website and social media
    No guarantee can be made that the City will publish any advertising material, however, if you wish to send details and event advertising to the City’s Media Team may publish your request.
  • Busking
    All street entertainers whether individuals or part of a group, must be licensed. Licenses are available from the Customer Service Centre, Ground Floor, City of Perth, 27 St Georges Terrace, Perth. Enquiries regarding street entertainment and busking are welcome on 08 9461 3333.
  • Chalk and decals on pavement
    Chalk stencilling is prohibited on any City property. The City may consider pavement decals. Please email for more information and guidelines.
  • Drones
    Drones are not permitted to fly over events. For more information please email
  • Elizabeth Quay availability and bookings
    Elizabeth Quay is under the care and control of DevelopmentWA. Please contact for the hire of Elizabeth Quay or refer to the DevelopmentWA website for organising an event. Please note an event permit may still be required from the City.
  • Food Truck Program

    The City of Perth recognises the contribution mobile food vendors make to the vibrancy of a city and its communities, and this is reflected in our new Mobile Food Trading policy (CP 4.4, May 2021).

    The City supports mobile food vendors that enhance the ambience of an area, while ensuring nearby businesses are not adversely impacted. Instead, The Food Truck Program aims to complement the City’s existing food and beverage economy.

    Food Truck Program, Guidelines and Conditions

    Participation in the Perth Food Truck program requires applicants to hold the following:

    • A Public Trading Permit
    • A Temporary Food Vendor Permit; and
    • A Food Act Registration Certificate

    Public Trading Permit

    An online application form is available at Public Trading Permit application | City of Perth

    Public Trading Permits are available for a three to twelve-month period.

    Public Trading Permit fees are:

    • $99 application fee; and
    • $1,212 annual fee (pro-rata to apply if less than 1 year, minimum of 3 months)

    Temporary Food Vendor Permit

    An online application form is available at Temporary Food Vendor Permit | City of Perth

    Temporary Food Vendor Permit fees are:

    • $46 application fee; and
    • $49 inspection fee (per inspection)

    *the temporary food vendor permits fees include GST