Environmental health infringements
City of Perth provides a number of options for the payment of infringements. If you would like to make payment now, you can use the online payment method. Mastercard, Visa and Amex cards are accepted.
|Service Type||Online Payments|
|What you need|
Please note that infringements are not added to the payments system until the next business day after they have been issued. If you have recently received an infringement and are having difficulties paying online or over the phone, please try again the following business day after 10am. To make an online payment, please have your infringement number ready.
How do I pay an infringement
By credit card using our online payment form
For infringement numbers starting with a 5, please click here.
In person at the council offices
Council House: Ground Floor 27 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Cashier Hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm (excluding public holidays). Payments can be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or by credit card (Mastercard or VISA only).
City of Perth
GPO Box P1237
Perth WA 6844
Cheque or money order payments are to be made payable to 'CITY OF PERTH' and crossed 'Not Negotiable'.
Why the City issues health infringements
Under the Food Act 2008, Health (Asbestos) Regulations 1992 and the Environmental Protection Act 1986 modified penalties (i.e. infringements) can be issued for such things as:
- Food business not clean enough, insufficient maintenance, insufficient pest control, improper food handling, incorrect temperatures of foods (i.e. cool foods not refrigerated, hot foods not hot enough), improper waste disposal.
- Improper handling, breaking, storage and disposal of asbestos.
- Exceeding the assigned noise levels.
- Unauthorised discharge of liquid waste.
How to appeal a health infringement
Complete the online Health Infringement Appeal form via the City of Perth website.
City of Perth
GPO Box C120
Perth WA 6839
Council House: Ground Floor, 27 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm (excluding public holidays).
Phone enquiries – please note:
- Appeals must be made in writing (appeals by telephone are not accepted).
- Phone enquiries can be made between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) on 1300 366 461.