Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Make a noise complaint

The City of Perth's environmental health officers are authorised under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 to investigate noise pollution. 

If you are experiencing a noise disturbance please first speak to the person or business causing the noise, ensuring that you don’t compromise your own personal safety. Try to speak to them as soon as the problem arises, expressing your case honestly and respectfully. In many instances, people are unaware they are causing a problem and will quickly remedy the situation.

Key Details

Service TypeReport Issue
What you need

When reporting a noise disturbance, you need the following information:

  • What happened? Be prepared to describe the noise in as much detail as you can.
  • When? Keep a noise log demonstrating dates and times that the noise has occurred.
  • Where did it happen? It is always helpful to know where the noise is occurring. If you don't know the exact address, the cross streets and other landmarks are very important.
Eligibility requirements

City of Perth may investigate the following noise complaints:

  • dog barking (Rangers only)
  • street maintenance
  • mechanical plant and construction noise
  • fixed domestic machinery (e.g. air conditioner)
  • domestic activity (e.g. power tools)
  • waste collection
  • music from pubs,clubs and events.

The City of Perth does not investigate anonymous noise complaints or minor, one-off noise disturbances such as party noise, waste collection, construction noise or mechanical equipment. For party noise or antisocial behaviour issues please contact the police.

  • How can I make a noise complaint?

    Noise complaints can be lodged with the City of Perth:


    Any time online via the following:

    Online Form

    or email:

    In person

    Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (closed public holidays)

    Customer Service Centre
    Ground Floor, Council House
    27 St Georges Terrace
    Perth WA 6000

    In writing

    Download and complete the Noise Complaint form and send it to:

    Chief Executive Office
    City of Perth
    GPO Box C120
    Perth WA 6839

    or email the completed form to,au.

    The City of Perth does not investigate anonymous complaints.

    Noise complaints are not considered an emergency. As such the City is not able to investigate during non-business hours. 

  • Where do I lodge a noise complaint that isn't listed above?

    Police: 131 444

    To report the following noise disturbances:

    • intruder alarms
    • party noise
    • antisocial behaviour
    • vehicle noise (e.g. noisy trucks, motorbikes).

    New MetroRail: 1800 110 075

    • Railway passenger train

    Department of Planning and Infrastructure: (08) 9216 8999

    • Boat noise