Here at the City, December isn't all about Christmas and holidays. It also marks the half-way point of the 2022/23 financial year.
In the 2022/23 City of Perth Budget, we committed $47.8 million for capital works projects. Here’s our progress report.
- We’re currently carrying out essential works along Spring Street to improve stormwater drainage. In March, we’ll start installing new dedicated cycle lanes in the area
- We completed external works on the Langley Park Changerooms to keep it safe and sound. We also recently asked you for your feedback on how you want to use the building in the future. This feedback will help guide the internal refit
- The neighbouring Langley Park Pump House will also be undergoing significant repair works in February
- We’re about to start repair works on the stairs leading to Perth’s iconic Blue Boat house on the Swan River. This means we’ll need to close the popular landmark for a couple of weeks in February to get the work done
- Stage 1 of the Citiplace concourse flooring repair works is complete, with more work scheduled for early 2023
- Murray Street Mall enhancement works have commenced and will resume in late January following the busy Christmas period. We’ll be painting all the light poles and planter boxes, refurbishing the sculpturing seats and installing new picnic tables and benches to encourage more people into the mall.
- We’ve delivered several road and path renewal projects throughout the year, including the busy Monash Avenue roundabout
- Extensive building repairs have been carried out on the roof of Town Hall
- The Mall safety bollards are now installed and operational, ahead of the busy Christmas trading period
- Planning works are progressing for the cycle path on Winthrop Avenue, and tenders will close soon for the Kings Park Road cycle path
- Finally, our Christmas elves have been busy decorating the City in the leadup to the festive season. It’s an extra special place to be at this time of year and we hope you’re enjoying the extra cheer!