This week the City of Perth Council marked its first 100 days in office.
For Council, it’s been a fresh start and a busy one. As a brand new Council, we are here to put our ratepayers, residents and business owners and operators first.
I’m delighted to say we’ve hit the ground running and my fellow Councillors and I are very proud of a number of achievements, including;
• The much celebrated five day Australia Day Festival
• Record December/January attendance through the CBD driven by the Christmas Lights
• Reinstating the Nativity performance
• Three hours free parking in City carparks during December and January
• Renewed engagement with our neighbourhood Community Groups
• Our on the ground partnership with RooForce Outreach
• Confirmation of a first Safe Night Space
• A New Code of Conduct
• Reviews of Local Laws and Planning
• Our Light it Up program featuring seven new permanent displays
Your new Council has a commitment to a safer, cleaner, friendlier City and compelling people focussed events and attractions. I’m thrilled to say we’ve worked cohesively as a team and with City staff to make a great progress in our first 100 days.
Lord Mayor – City of Perth
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please email the media line at email@example.com.Make an Enquiry