Eleven City-based businesses have successfully secured funding under the City’s highly-competitive Business Improvement Grant program.
The City recognises that businesses, and business activity, contribute to the vibrancy and energy of the city, and the program financially assists businesses to bring new ideas and projects to life.
Matched grant funding from $10,000 to $25,000 is available to eligible businesses under the program.
At the July Ordinary Council Meeting, Councillors voted to approve funding to the total value of $270,000 for the following businesses for the 2023/24 financial year.
- The Spaniard Alfresco, for a new alfresco dining area as part of the business relocation.
- Alibi Cocktail Lounge, for façade improvements as part of a major refurbishment.
- Arrival Hall, for the redevelopment of the front courtyard.
- Phat Brew Club, for a new hole-in-the-wall-style coffee shop at the West Perth venue.
- The Standard, for a new outdoor dining area complementing the recently completed Roe Street Enhancement.
- Le Vietnam, for expanding the business footprint within Bon Marche Arcade.
- Fallow, for major development and fit-out of a new hospitality business within a heritage building.
- Prime Private, for the installation of major artistic/feature lighting at Forrest Place.
- Centrestage Promotions, for the installation of five branded umbrellas between Aberdeen Street and Newcastle Street and energy efficient lighting along Lion Walk.
- Ezra Pound, for modernising the venue’s interior and exterior.
- Espresso & Prosecco, for development of a beer garden-style alfresco.
All projects are set for completion before 30 June 2024.
Congratulations to the successful grant recipients, we cannot wait to see the wonderful impacts your ideas will have on our city.
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please email the media line at firstname.lastname@example.org.Make an Enquiry