Grants and sponsorship
Our grants and sponsorships provide support for ideas and initiatives that benefit our local community.
The programs cover a wide range of services and projects that contribute to the City’s three Strategic Pillars:
- Liveable – a community that is safe, socially cohesive, inclusive and activated.
- Sustainable – a healthy environment with social and economic systems in balance.
- Prosperous – a successful, flourishing and thriving city.
Local Activation Grants
Up to $15,000 in funding to support initiatives that activate the city with vibrant activity.
Major Events & Festivals
Support for large-scale events of national significance. Applications via expression of interest.
More programs to come
Grants and sponsorship programs with new guidelines will continue to be released in 2021-22.
We are available to help you determine the right program and provide tips for a successful application. Contact the Sponsorship Team via email@example.com or by calling (08) 9461 3333.
If you need more help using the application form, you can also download the Help Guide for Applicants.
How to Apply
Applications for grants and sponsorships must be submitted through the City’s approved online management portal, SmartyGrants. All applicants are encouraged to speak to a Sponsorship Officer prior to starting an application to ensure program suitability.
Over the past 3 months we have comprehensively reviewed our sponsorship and grant programs to improve our processes to ensure they are effective and sustainable for the long-term.
Working with internal and external stakeholders, the review confirmed the value of recent Sponsorship and Grant Policy updates, the centralised management of sponsorship programs, and the fair and transparent assessment of applications. It also identified key areas for enhancement, including:
- Aligning program outcomes to the City’s strategic pillars: Liveable, Sustainable, Prosperous.
- Developing programs with clearly defined outcomes and program guidelines structured accordingly.
- Making it clear and easy to find information about sponsorship on the City’s website.
- Trialing opportunities for applicants to advocate their project to the assessment panel.
How do I keep up-to-date on the programs?
Register to keep informed about the opening dates of new programs