The City of Perth is hosting a free three-hour workshop on Wednesday 1 December to provide important information and support for those looking to start or expand a business in the City of Perth.
The ‘Open for Business’ workshop will provide an opportunity to hear from and speak with City of Perth staff, relevant State Government agencies and business support services regarding the approvals, permits and resources required to open a business or expand an existing one.
The first half of the workshop will consist of an information session covering topics such as approvals, outdoor dining, safety, available grants, and other business support services.
The second half of the workshop will provide a chance for business owners to speak directly with representatives from:
- Economic Development (City of Perth)
- Development Approvals (City of Perth)
- Environmental Health (City of Perth)
- Activity Approvals (City of Perth)
- Business Safety & Security (City of Perth)
- Small Business Development Corporation (State Government)
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (State Government)
- Business Station (Non-profit Business Support Service)
Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas encouraged anyone considering opening or expanding a business within the City of Perth to attend the free workshop.
“The City of Perth is open for business and our aim is to make it as easy as possible for people to either start or grow a business within the City,” he said
“This workshop will provide a step-by-step guide and a chance for business owners to speak with stakeholders to support business development and growth.”
- Date: Wednesday 1 December
- Time: 9am – 12pm
- Location: Baby Shoe at The Shoe, Yagan Square, 376-420 Wellington Street Perth WA 6050
Morning tea and refreshments provided
Bookings required via trybooking
Issued by: Hannah Marcuson, Senior Media and Communications Advisor, 0417 228 103, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please telephone the media line on (08) 9461 3425.Make an Enquiry