COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the Perth community and at its meeting held on 28 July 2020, the Council approved a range of initiatives to help local businesses and residential communities rebound successfully. The City’s COVID-19 Grants and Sponsorship Program has been developed to ensure Perth is positioned to rebound quickly and to support the future wellbeing and prosperity of our city.
The objectives of the COVID-19 Grants and Sponsorship Program are to:
- support local businesses to recover, rebound and prosper;
- drive local visitation and tourism into the city in ways that are safe;
- enhance vibrancy and activation in the city, ensuring there is ‘always something on in the city’; and
- support community wellbeing, safety and security and increase community connection and social cohesion.
- Small Business Quick Response Grants (up to $5,000).
- Business Improvement Grants (up to $10,000- non-matched funding).
- Business Improvement Grants (up to $20,000- matched funding).
- Economic Development Sponsorship (upwards of $4,000).
Interested applicants should refer to the COVID-19 Grants and Sponsorship Program Guidelines to determine their eligibility, assessment criteria and information on how to apply.
|Program||Opening date||Closing date|
|Small Business Quick Response Grants||29 July 2020||30 June 2021, 4pm AWST (or, when the budget is expended in full)|
|Business Improvement Grants||29 July 2020||31 August 2020, 4pm AWST|
|Economic Development Sponsorship||29 July 2020||30 June 2021, 4pm AWST|