Banner and flag site bookings
City of Perth banner masts, street banner and flag pole sites are available for hire by organisations to publicise events considered appropriate by the City. Banner and flag sites within the City of Perth have proven to be a popular and simple tool to create vibrancy, add colour to the city streetscape and serve as an important communication tool in promoting events and activities.
Please view the related documents outlining the locations, specifications and fees and submit your Banner Site Hire Application via the online form.
|Service Type||Event bookings|
|What you need||Complete the Banner and Flag Site Hire Application form.|
Bookings will be accepted for organisations which are promoting an event that:
Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2011 & Local Government Act 1995
|Duration||Minimum of one week and maximum of two weeks (concurrent).||Fees||See fees and charges below.|
Frequently asked questions
Who can apply?
Bookings will be accepted from organisations which are promoting an event that:
- Increases visitation to the city.
- Provides direct economic benefits to the city.
- Is of significance to Perth, as the capital city of Western Australia.
- Is a national or international event which bring prestige to Perth.
- Reflects the Western Australian culture and lifestyle.
The applicant must accept and acknowledge full responsibility for public risk and fully indemnify the Council from and against all claims, judgements and the like arising from the erection or display of the banners/flags.
What locations are available?
There are 18 different locations available to hire. Each site has a specific number poles/masts available. All banners and flag locations can be found in the City of Perth Banner and Flag Specifications. Due to the City’s installation of Christmas decorations, banner and flag sites hire is limited during the last week of October through to the beginning of January. To check availability of the sites please complete the online application.
How long can I book a site for?
Banner masts, street banners and flag poles sites may be booked for a minimum of one week and a maximum of two weeks, per booking. Mall banners hire period is Monday to Monday, while all other sites are Sunday to Sunday.
Bookings can be made up to two years in advance. Organisations are limited to making two bookings per year, unless otherwise approved by City of Perth CEO. Due to the City’s installation of Christmas decorations, banner and flag sites hire is limited during the last week of October through to the beginning of January.
How do I apply?
Complete the Banner and Flag Site Hire Application Form at least three months ahead of installation dates. After this has been submitted, confirmation of the site availability and the cost will be provided in writing.
Next, submit the artwork design for approval at least three months prior to date of installation. Once costs are finalised, an invoice will be sent to the applicant for payment prior to installation.
Fees and charges
Please see the Banner and Flag Site Hire Fees and Charges in the Download section.
Fees include the installation and removal and hire of the masts/poles.
What else do I need to know?
- The banner sites can vary in size and shape therefore some sites are not interchangeable. Terrace banners are manufactured to fit the terraces only, as are Forrest Place and the malls. The flags can be moved around between the flag locations.
- The City of Perth is not involved in any of the manufacturing processes and cannot recommend any company for that purpose.
- A copy of the proposed banner/flag artwork is required to confirm the booking.
- Only events held within the City should be promoted. Applications for events which are in regional Western Australia will be considered if the applicant can show they will create a positive economic impact for the City.
- An organisation must utilise all the poles in the required location. e.g. if the Causeway is selected, all seven poles must be occupied. Partial bookings are not permitted. If the full number of banners or flags for a required site are not supplied, the remaining space will be substituted with City of Perth banners or flags. The organisation will still be invoiced for the total cost of the site.
- Bookings must coincide with the event they are promoting.
- Administration has the discretion to accept, amend or reject applications for hire of the banner and flag sites. You will be notified of any changes via your nominated contact method.
- The City is not responsible for any damage caused to your banners or flags during installation, removal and throughout the display period.
Where do I drop off and pick up my banner and flags from?
Upon completion of the booking we will notify you of the address in Balcatta. You will need to arrange a drop of time and pick up time with our contractor.
Cancellation of booking
Notice of a booking cancellation is required three months in advance. For bookings cancelled less than three months prior to the commencement you may be charged for the site as your booking has restricted the City of Perth booking these sites to another organisation.