Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Mobile food trading program

The City of Perth Mobile Food Trading Policy allows for unique and high quality food vehicles to trade at selected parks and reserves around the city, providing relaxed outdoor dining options to local residents and visitors, and adding to the overall vibrancy of our city. 

Applications are currently closed.

Key Details

What you needSubmit your Mobile Food Trading Application to
Eligibility requirements

The application must include:

  • Completed application form.
  • Copy of your Food Business Registration.
  • Copy of your public liability insurance certificate. 

Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

  • Key permit details

    Applications close when permit allocation is exhausted or by closing date. Permits can be cancelled at any time at the City’s discretion.

    There are four approved locations:

    • John Oldham Park, Narrows Interchange
    • JH Abrahams, Nedlands
    • Langley Park Playground
    • Langley Park Victoria Avenue.

    Locations are available 7am-3am, Sunday-Saturday with a minimum 100m radius from an established food business. There are no CBD locations and the business must have $20m public liability insurance (City of Perth listed).

  • Information for new food truck operators

    Your application for a City of Perth Food Truck Permit must include a copy of your Food Act registration certificate. These are specific to individual food trucks, and must be obtained from the local government where your food truck is garaged. Contact your local council for more information regarding the registration process.

Need more help?

If you have further questions please contact the Health and Activity Approvals team on (08) 9461 3333 or