Protests, marches and rallies in the City
The Protests, Marches and Rallies notification form is for anyone wanting to hold a public assembly, such as a rally, demonstration, or protest, in the public realm managed by the City of Perth.
The City does not approve or issue permits for these public assemblies; however, notification must be sent to the City for assessment of venue suitability and availability prior to providing an opinion to the Western Australian Police Force (WAPOL).
WAPOL will assess applications and may issue a permit in accordance with Section 7 of the Public Order in Streets Act 1984.
Any notification the City receives will be forward to WAPOL, who will then be the point of contact for your protest activation.
- Approval to hold protests and rallies is solely given by the WA Police
- Use of the City’s public space is subject availability and venue functionality
- Use of the City’s power for protests and rallies is not permitted.
- Equipment and structures on local government property must be approved in the WA Police permit.
- Vehicle parking and placement of infrastructure on parks and reserves without a permit, is subject to infringements through the City’s local laws.
- The City will not grant vehicle access to malls as part of a protest or rally.
If your activity takes place in or passes through the following privately managed public spaces, we encourage you to notify them directly and discuss any requirements they may have.
|Service Type||Event bookings|