Marketing and Promotion
As Western Australia's capital city local government, the City of Perth is not only a custodian of ratepayers and community within its local government boundary, it also represents the broader Perth area on a national and international stage.
If you are a local business, there are several opportunities for you to promote your business for free, upskill your team or participate in the City’s marketing activities.
Promote your business
List your business, event or special on visitperth.com
Businesses located in the City of Perth boundaries* can list their business for free on the visitperth.com as well as promote events and specials in their venue.
Visitperth.com has over 140,000 average monthly website views, and allows business to self-manage their own content via the Business Portal. Submissions to the Business Portal are also considered for other promotion including on social media and in blogs.
Provide strong content for social media
We have several social media accounts where your content might be suitable for – City of Perth Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn; Visit Perth Facebook and Instagram.
- Listing added to Visit Perth website via the Business Portal.
- Short, succinct information to accompany the image/video. Make sure to include the most interesting details of your business or event and avoid salesy language.
- Great photo or video.
- Preferably with people in them – the Visit Perth brand shares stories through a human lens.
- Make sure you have the rights to the content.
- Avoid empty venues and single use plastics.
- High resolution (1MB or more) with no text, logos or graphics.
- Bright, colourful and in focus.
- Provide a combination landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) photos.
Keep it to about 10-30 seconds.
- We can work with both landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) videos.
- Shoot with the light behind or to the side of you.
- Keep it to about 10-30 seconds.
- Make sure to use the correct tags so we can share your content – #visitperth on Instagram main feed photos, @VisitPerth on Instagram stories and the Visit Perth Facebook page on Facebook.
- Keep us in loop early on if something new is happening that is worth sharing.
- Send us content about 2-4 weeks before we’d need to share it.
- Examples of shareable content ideas include interesting collaborations, retail experiences and instore events (e.g. meet the artist, meet the author, live music instore).
Street bannersIf you’re looking to promote a large-scale event, the City’s street banners can be an effective tool. Banners are located across the city including high-traffic areas such as the Hay and Murray Street malls. Find out more information.
Stay up to date
Business events and networkingThe City of Perth holds regular business workshops on a range of topics to support small and medium businesses to thrive within the city environment.
These workshops are also a great opportunity to connect and network with other businesses, however tickets are limited and supplied on a first-in first-served basis. A maximum of two participants per business will be allowed to secure tickets at each workshop.
The workshop program is currently being reviewed. Please contact the Business Development team in the meantime.