Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Flyer Distribution Permit application

Key Details

Service TypeEvent bookings
What you needComplete the online Flyer Distribution Permit application.
Eligibility requirements

If you are intending on handing out flyers or printed material within the City of Perth, you will be required to hold a Flyer Distribution Permit. Please be aware of the following:

  • A copy of the Flyer or the material being distributed will have to be approved by the City of Perth.
  • The permit is current for five days within one week or 10 days over a month with no exceptions.
  • Locations and timings of distributions must be given to the City of Perth at the time of the application. There is a two hour time limit for each location on the day.
  • If flyers/printed materials are found on the ground it will be classified as littering and the organisation/person distributing may be infringed under the Litter Act.
  • Public liability insurance must be provided to the city, current at the date of application, as well as each day the distribution takes place.
  • Pedestrian access/egress and access to stores or laneways cannot be blocked at any time during the distribution.
  • All stock must be carried on the person.
  • Staff/volunteer number must be limited to two or three staff members so as not to create a nuisance.
  • No signage, tables, chairs or stock are permitted to be installed. If this is a requirement, the applicant must hire an event site.
  • If the distribution is associated with an event/display, the person must get approval to hire an event site and obtain an event permit.
  • If flyer distribution has any other component; an event permit (link to application) must be sought. This includes, but is not limited to, mascot, signage or sampling.

Please note: If you are seeking to distribute material on or within private property, you will be required to obtain the consent of the appropriate owner. Anyone found to be distributing material without a valid permit may receive an infringement and be asked to move.

Fees$100 (inc GST) for the 2021/22 financial year.

Need more help?

If you have further questions please contact the Health and Activity Approvals team on (08) 9461 3333 or