Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Outdoor Dining Permit

Food businesses wishing to operate an outdoor dining area on public land (eg. footpath) are required to obtain an Outdoor Dining Permit from the City of Perth. Outdoor Dining areas are subject to compliance with the City’s Outdoor Dining policy and local law.

To renew your outdoor dining permit, you will need

  • A unique Outdoor Dining Reference Number provided to you by the City of Perth
  • To have a current registration for a Food Business Licence issued by the City of Perth
  • Maintain current Public Liability Insurance for $20 million
  • To complete the contact details section

If there is a change any of the information in the Business details, a new application is required.


Renewal Details

1. Food Business Licence

Do you have a Food Business Licence?
If No, please apply for a Food Business Licence prior to applying for an Outdoor Dining Permit.

2. Public Liability Insurance

I confirm the organisation has a valid Public Liability Insurance Certificate for $20 million.

If No, please note an organisation must have a valid Public Liability Insurance Certificate for $20 million before applying for an Outdoor Dining Permit.

3. Business Details

4. Applicant Details

Have you previously held an alfresco licence?

Do you have any other supporting documents you wish to upload?

5.Customer authorisation

I have read and agree to comply with the Quick Reference Guidelines.

  1. 1. Clearances and setbacks
  2. 2. Umbrellas and planter boxes dimensions
  3. 3. Removal and storage of furniture and fixings
  4. 4. Consumption of alcohol in outdoor dining areas

I confirm I understand that this form authorises the City of Perth to reproduce any documents associated with this application for internal purposes only.

I confirm I have read and agree to abide by the associated Terms and Conditions. I also confirm the information I have provided in this form is accurate. I agree that my physical signature is not required on forms lodged electronically and permits may be electronically signed and provided in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 2011 (WA).

To submit this application, you must have submitted a Food Business Registration with the City of Perth, and hold current Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20million.

Response Time: Up to 10 working days from date of receipt.


Need more help?

If you have any further questions please contact: 9461 3333 or email: