The City of Perth will host The City at New Year’s Eve event on Friday 31 December 2021, from 6pm to 12am (midnight).
New Year's Eve Entertainment - Request for Proposal
The celebrations will include a plethora of street level performances, roving entertainment and art installations. Crowds are encouraged to move through the precinct to bolster economic benefits to local businesses and promote a safe, festive and vibrant atmosphere. The event will coincide with the City’s iconic Christmas Lights Trail.
The City of Perth is seeking submissions for entertainment, including:
- Roving entertainers
- Street performances
- Pop-up musical performances
- Traditional Aboriginal performances
- Ephemeral art installations
- Static installations
- Children/family workshops and activities (between 6pm – 9pm only)
Entertainment will be programmed at the City’s discretion and all respondents should be available to provide their proposed services between the event hours of 6pm and 12am (midnight).
All applicants must:
- Be based in Western Australia.
- Adhere to State Government laws and recommendations surrounding COVID-19.
- Have a registered ABN.
- Have a current Public Liability Insurance certificate.
- Is the entertainment/installation engaging and/or interactive?
- Is the entertainment/installation of high quality?
- Does the entertainment/installation appeal to a wide demographic?
- Does the entertainment/installation represent value for money?
All submissions will be assessed against the criteria and eligibility requirements
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following information to the City’s Events Officer.
- Complete the Request for Proposal form.
- Attach supporting materials (.doc or .pdf, mp3s / mp4s) including:
- Proposed performance, entertainment or installation description.
- Pictures/videos of the proposed performance, entertainment or installation.
- Pictures/videos and/or links to previous works or performances.
- Performer/Artist bios including details of previous performing experience (if applicable).
Submissions Close: 5pm, 24 September 2021
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please telephone the media line on (08) 9461 3425.Make an Enquiry