The City of Perth (City) is seeking members for its newly established LGBTQIA+ Advisory Group. The LGBTQIA+ Advisory Group will guide the City in its growth as a diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation which represents all members of community.
If you are a City of Perth resident or an individual that works for an organisation that services City of Perth residents and are passionate about advocating for LGBTQIA+ community, then we invite you to submit a nomination form.
The objectives of the LGBTQIA+ Advisory Group are:
- Engage with the City to inform the LGBTQIA+ community’s priorities for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework;
- Provide support to the City to develop initiatives to be outlined in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework;
- Input into a coherent and integrated approach to diversity, equity and inclusion across the City;
- Provide guidance for the City to design local responses to complex diversity, equity and inclusion considerations;
- Foster a greater understanding and awareness of LGBTQIA+ diversity, equity and inclusion matters within the community through community partnerships;
- Facilitate opportunities to educate and celebrate the diverse social and cultural elements that make up the City of Perth; and
- Engage community groups and leaders in the activities of the Advisory Group.
Applicants are encouraged to review the LGBTQIA+ Terms of Reference prior to applying.
Members will be reimbursed for their travel costs through taxi vouchers or reimbursement of parking costs.
If you are interested in nominating yourself as a member of the City's LGBTQIA+ Advisory Group, please forward your completed nomination form to Bek Slavin, Community Development Coordinator by Friday, 15 January 2021.
City of Perth, GPO Box C120, Perth WA
Phone: 9461 3471
Get in Touch
Do you have a media enquiry for the City of Perth? Submit an enquiry and include your name, contact details and any questions that require a response. If you would like to discuss your enquiry, please telephone the media line on (08) 9461 3425.Make an Enquiry