Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

City of Perth Complaints - Report an Issue

If you have complaints or concerns in your neighbourhood, report an issue with the friendly staff at City of Perth. You may have a general question or wish to provide comments or feedback about a City of Perth service or facility, or you may wish to inform us that your contact details have changed.


If you are not satisfied with how the City of Perth has reasonably undertaken to provide a service, product or attempted to resolve an issue or you have serious concerns regarding the conduct of a City employee you are entitled to make a formal complaint. Please document your concerns in writing and send them in via the below email address or postal address, preferably on the complaints form, providing complete details so that the matter can be thoroughly investigated.

Email address

Postal Address
City of Perth
GPO Box C120
Perth WA 6839

Policy 2.16 Complaints Management
Complaints Form

For parking infringement appeals, see the Appealing a parking infringement page.

Discrimination, harassment or assault

If you have been discriminated against, harassed or assaulted in the City of Perth, the below information can help you with reporting it to the right authority. You may also wish to access one of the support services that in the City of Perth and surrounds.


Always contact the Police on 000 for life threatening or time-critical emergencies. For other criminal activity and anti-social behaviour, contact the police on 131 444. Assaults should always be reported to the Police.

City of Perth 

If the incident occurred at a City of Perth service or facility, please follow the Service Complaint details above.

Independent complaint

The Australian Human Right Commission investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination and breaches of human rights in the areas of disability, sex, race and age discrimination. Their service is free, impartial and informal, and they investigate complaints anywhere in Australia.

The Equal Opportunity Commission aim to make WA free from discrimination and prejudice. You can make a complaint under the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 via their website.

Request a new or additional bin

Please ensure your business or residence is within the City of Perth boundary and visit the Request additional or replacement bins page.

Notify a change of address

It is important that you let us know if you change postal address or move out of your rateable property within the City of Perth.

This will ensure that your details are kept up to date and your rate notices are issued to the correct postal address. This will also avoid late payment penalties and legal action for unpaid rates where new postal address information is not provided to the City of Perth.

Visit the Update personal details page and have your assessment number handy.

Make a rates enquiry

To ask a question about your City of Perth rates phone (08) 9461 3296 or email

Report a fault or issue

Please visit the Customer service request page and fill out the form to report an incident or issue that may affect the safety of individuals. Examples include:

  • Damaged sprinklers
  • Damaged City of Perth property e.g. seating, playground equipment
  • Broken or damaged footpaths
  • Faulty street lighting - street lights are managed by a number of agencies. Please refer to the Western Power website for additional information. If a light in the City of Perth does not appear on the Western Power map, please use the Customer Service Request form to report the issue. 

Graffiti report and removal

The City of Perth carries out the reporting and removal of graffiti from Council and private properties within the City. Graffiti is removed from private properties where it is visible from the street, in line with Council policy and procedures.

Reporting graffiti in the city, or anywhere in the state, is easy. If you see graffiti you can report it 24 hours a day on the Goodbye Graffiti Hotline on 1800 442 255 or the Goodbye Graffiti report page. 
If you see anyone tagging walls or committing any act of graffiti vandalism, report it to police by calling 131 444. If you see it happening in the CBD or Northbridge, call CityWatch on (08) 9461 6611 and ask the Surveillance Officers to see if they can capture it on CCTV. 

To learn more about graffiti prevention, clean up and graffiti programs visit the City’s Graffiti page or the Goodbye Graffiti website.